When Meeting Members in Person
For your own protection, we encourage you to keep all communication and transactions on Justcraft. That way, in the unlikely event that a transaction does not go as planned, you will have a record of what happened.
Remember that most justcraft transactions should take place either online, or at a public event like a craft fair, or other community function. If someone is asking you to meet them outside of these circumstances, make sure you understand the reasons why such a meeting is necessary.
If you do meet other members in person, please consider the following safety tips:
- Always meet in a well-lit, public place—during daylight hours if possible.
- Do not go to a secluded place or a member’s home, and do not invite a stranger into your home.
- If possible, get to know the member through their public profile information on justcraft, such as the About section of their shop homepage and any linked social media or websites.
- Bring someone with you.
- Tell a friend or family member where you are going.
- Keep your cell phone on you.
- Trust your instincts. If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.